Calcium is one of the most important nutrients in the body. About 99 percent of calcium is stored in bones and teeth, the rest in blood, muscle and other cells. All these essential nutrients flow through the body and are also essential for carrying the message of the nervous system.Calcium deficiency is one of the most common health problems around the world, especially for older women, and it is an obstacle to the healthy development of children.
Usually people do not see the problem of calcium deficiency in a very light way or do not understand the cause of the problem, which causes complications. Calcium should be taken daily as per age. Some of the symptoms of calcium deficiency are mentioned below-
1. Muscle pain and tingling :
The most common symptoms of this disease are muscle aches and cramps.
* Calcium deficiency causes the muscles of the nervous system to become more sensitive, which causes sudden muscle tension and severe pain.
* Numbness of the muscles of the hands and feet and feeling of wrinkles can also be due to the same reason.
* Due to this deficiency, the nerves become weak and nervous problems may occur.
2. Bone weakness :
Calcium is essential for bone formation and strength. So the bones become weak due to its deficiency.
* Unwanted pain and sores can occur in the bones.
* If the deficit continues for a long time, it weakens the height and above all the physical ability of the person. So as the baby grows, he should keep an eye on whether he is getting the required calcium.
* When the body does not get the required amount of calcium, it uses the calcium stored in the bones to carry out normal activities, due to which the bones become more weak.
3. Weak teeth :
Symptoms of this type of problem can also occur in the teeth, because one of the structural elements of the teeth is calcium.
* Late eruption of teeth or eruption of teeth with wounds are the symptoms of this problem.
* Frequent dental caries or other problems are also a sign of calcium deficiency in adults.
4. Frequent illness:
Calcium is an important element in the body’s immune system, protecting it from bacterial, viral or fungal infections.
* People who are deficient in calcium are more likely to develop cold or heat related problems or viral diseases.
* Calcium increases the amount of oxygen in the body and expels bacteria and fungi.
* It helps to heal wounds in different parts of the body and heal faster.
5. Unlimited weight gain or loss :
Having a moderate weight according to age and height is essential for good health.
* But for those who are deficient in calcium, it is not possible to lose fat and lose weight, so diet or exercise is of no use.
* Also lack of adequate calcium can lead to rapid weight loss in an abnormal way.
6. Increased menstrual problems
Calcium deficiency can increase the risk of menstrual problems such as mental discomfort, loss of appetite, nausea or severe pain in the lower abdomen. Calcium is a very useful ingredient to keep the menstrual cycle regular and to deal with such problems.
7. Insomnia :
Not being able to sleep at night has a serious effect on Every days mentality and work. Insomnia is not a very good symptom, it can be due to many reasons and calcium deficiency is one of them.
* Calcium increases the content of a hormone called melanin which is responsible for sleep.
* It also maintains the biological rules of the body to stay awake and sleep.
8. Anxiety and poor memory :
* Forgetting too fast is a very bad problem which creates quite an embarrassing situation. It can occur as a symptom of calcium deficiency.
* In addition, the symptoms of the disease to be upset or anxious all the time.
Calcium deficiency should not be taken lightly. Necessary calcium should be taken regularly and if any one of the above symptoms occurs, a doctor should be consulted immediately.
Ways to increase calcium in the body :
Calcium is a very important element for maintaining the health and strength of the body. It is essential for the regulation of muscles and the nervous system, as well as maintaining the balance of acid and alkali in the blood. Lack of calcium can lead to increased body weakness, memory impairment, bone and tooth decay, and a variety of complications.
It is possible to fill the calcium deficiency of the body and avoid the risk of these diseases by changing some of the daily habits of life and eating a few foods in the diet. Below are some useful instructions-
1. Eat plenty of calcium-rich foods :
To make up for this deficiency, the first food list must have enough calcium-rich foods. E.g.
*Milk, dairy foods such as yogurt, butter, buttermilk, lamb, etc.
*Green leafy vegetables: Spinach, stalk, fenugreek, The barb, broccoli and others.
*Pulses: Mug pulses, lentil pulses, gram, khesari, pulses etc.
*Fruits: Orange, lemon, nuts, bean sprouts, wood nuts, sesame etc.
2. Make it a habit to walk regularly in the morning :
Vitamin D increases the body’s ability to absorb and carry calcium. Daily morning sunlight for 10-15 minutes, but walking in the sun with the body is a very good habit. However, the sun should be avoided as it causes severe damage to the skin.
3. Eating foods rich in vitamin D. :
Since vitamin D helps the body retain calcium, it is important to eat plenty of vitamin D-rich foods.
Egg yolks, fish, eggs, mushrooms, cow’s milk, etc. are known sources of vitamin D.
4. Eating foods rich in magnesium :
Magnesium is another nutrient that helps maintain the body’s calcium balance and vital functions.
Magnesium and calcium are present in the cell as compounds so its need is undeniable. Spinach, beetroot, zucchini, squid, cucumber, mustard greens, motor pulses, kalai, pumpkin seeds, bean seeds, etc. are rich in magnesium.
5. Elimination of soft drinks :
Any type of soft drink, whether added or unsweetened, affects the body’s ability to absorb calcium. Soft drinks increase the level of phosphate in the blood which removes calcium from the body. So all kinds of soft drinks must be avoided.
6. Refrain from taking excess caffeine :
In the journey of modern life, starting the morning with a cup of strong coffee every day has become a common practice. But if you suffer from calcium deficiency, you must give up the habit of drinking coffee.
* Caffeine in tea and coffee affects the breakdown of bone calcium.
* Drinking more than 4 cups of coffee daily increases the chances of bone and tooth decay in large quantities.
* Drinking more than 2 cups of coffee is strictly forbidden and not at all after evening.
* Caffeine-free green tea can be drunk in moderation.
7. You have to give up the habit of eating more salt :
Eating too much salt or eating raw salt is very harmful. The sodium in the salt breaks down the body’s calcium and expels it as waste. Excess salt also corrects the calcium levels in the bones and teeth.
With age comes a change in the capacity and balance of all the nutrients in the body. Therefore, in order to maintain the strength and normal health of the body, it is necessary to take moderate amount of calcium, magnesium and sodium rich food daily according to the rules. However, in case of sudden calcium deficiency, calcium tablets can be taken with the advice of a doctor.
For more health tips visit: doctoryouneed.org