The problem of bone loss can be heard in everyone’s face nowadays. This weakens the bones and in many cases breaks them. Calcium-rich foods are usually caused by a lack of vitamin D.
There are 206 bones in the human body. Bones are strong because they contain protein, collagen and calcium. At the age of 30, the amount of bones is the highest and the bones are strong. This is called the peak of the bone. According to the natural law, after 30 years, the density and amount of bones in the human body decreases, the bones become weak and brittle. As a result, the bones break very easily. The extent of this bone loss depends on a person’s health, eating habits, heredity and physical activity. This condition of the bones is most common between the ages of 50 and 60. In medical science it is called osteoporosis. Any bone in an osteoporosis patient breaks with a slight injury. However, the bones of the spine, lumbar (hip joint), rib bones and wrist (wrist joint) bones are more affected.
Various bone diseases can damage the bones and gradually paralyze the body. Bone loss is a serious bone problem. However, it is possible to keep this problem away through regular care.
Osteoporosis can be prevented by following certain rules. Let’s take a look at some of the ways-
- Bone has a very important relationship with stress. When we are under stress, our body secretes a hormone called cortisol which is especially responsible for bone loss. So the more stress you put away, the better for you.
- If the body is deficient in vitamin D, it is not possible to stay free from bone problems even after eating calcium rich foods. So to prevent bone problems and decay, vitamin D deficiency needs to be met carefully. Fish, fish oil, milk, soy milk, fruits contain vitamin D. It is also possible to meet the body’s need for vitamin D through sunlight.
- Calcium-rich foods must be included in the diet for strong bones. Low fat milk and dairy foods should be eaten every day. Milk, eggs, nuts, calcium rich marine fish, green vegetables, broccoli, plenty of fruits should be included in the food list. By doing this you can get strong bones.
- Smoking increases bone loss and increases bone fragility. People who regularly smoke and drink alcohol may not be able to properly supply nutrients to their body. The result is bone loss. So stop smoking and drinking today for a healthy body and bones.
- Those who do continuous sitting work have much more increased bone fragility than others. Those who do not do physical work at all, their bones become relatively soft and weak quickly. Physical exercise, sports, dancing, cycling, swimming, etc. are very good physical activities that strengthen the bones and help prevent bone loss.
- Eat more nuts every day. Almonds are a great source of calcium, magnesium, manganese and phosphorus.
- Eat more vegetables every day. Vegetables are very beneficial for bones. So include vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower in your daily diet which will help in strengthening the bones.
- Dates are very effective in preventing bone loss. Because dates are a great source of calcium manganese. And copper and magnesium are good for bones.
At first there is a little pain in the back, waist, neck and muscles. Then there is a sudden sharp pain. * This type of pain can last from one week to three months. * Many ‘osteoporosis’ patients do not realize until they have a broken bone that they are suffering from bone loss, weakness and fragility. * The vertebral height of the spine decreases, the patient leans forward and bends backwards (kyphotic deformity). This is called stupid shape. * The pain of vertebral fractures starts from the spine and extends to the front on both sides of the back and is felt in the chest and abdomen. * Usually, the bones of the waist and wrists are broken due to light injuries.
Laboratory tests :
* Serum calcium, phosphorus, vitamin-D and testosterone, androgens, estrogens and thyroid hormones. * Kidney function (blood urea, serum creatinine ).
* X-ray. * Special Test: Sister Mineral Density, Dual Energy X-ray and Single Energy X-ray Absorbiometry.
Ways to keep bones strong :
Appropriate exercises — such as regular walking, jogging, stair climbing, and weight bearing. * Physical activity during adolescence increases the amount of bones and makes the bones thicker. As a result, bone loss is reduced in old age. * Balanced diet and 1300 mg of calcium in adolescents, 1000 mg up to 50 years and 1200 mg above 50 years should be taken daily. * Refrain from smoking and drinking. * To reduce the amount of bone, to prevent weakness and fragility or to take the advice of a doctor and to take medicine. * Be careful not to fall.
Treatment depends on bone loss, osteoporosis, brittleness, and fractures. All you need to do is:
- – Exercise regularly.
- – Daily moderate calcium and vitamin-D intake.
- – Bisphosphonate: Elendronate, Etidronate and Rysdronate intake.
- – Hormone replacement therapy.
- – Reloxifen and calcitonin injections.
- – Bone fractures require conservative or surgical treatment.
- – Analgesic drugs should be taken to cure pain.
Click this link More about to know Health tips : https://doctoryouneed.org/category/health-tips/